Special Issue "Diet and Metabolism: Molecular Mechanisms of Health and Disease"
Special Issues and Collections in MDPI journals
Special Issue Information
Nutrients are, by definition, the building blocks for energy generation and tissue homeostasis. The plethora of coordinated pathways that define their molecular fate altogether constitute our metabolism. In the last decades, metabolic alterations, caused by poor eating habits or congenital mutations, have emerged to dramatically affect human health and to foster the onset of diseases such as cardiovascular disease, diabetes, and cancer.
This Special issue calls for original articles, reviews, and perspectives addressing, but not limited to, the following:
- the beneficial and detrimental impact of diet on human health
- nutrients’ effect on stem cells, including cancer stem cells
- the importance of diet in cancer prevention and response to therapies
- the molecular mechanisms underlying tumor cellular metabolism
- the molecular effects of caloric restriction and obesity
- the role of diet and metabolism in immunity and autoimmune diseases
- the action of dietary bioactive compounds
- the crosstalk between the metabolism and microbiome
- metabolism and cardiovascular disease, insulin resistance, and diabetes
Dr. Francesca Puca